Author Topic: Darkspore released today - April 26, 2011  (Read 4895 times)

Offline Mary26

• February 2004
  • 674 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Mary26 has an aura about them.Mary26 has an aura about them.Mary26 has an aura about them.Mary26 has an aura about them.Mary26 has an aura about them.Mary26 has an aura about them.Mary26 has an aura about them.Mary26 has an aura about them.Mary26 has an aura about them.Mary26 has an aura about them.
  • The battle between good and evil continues!

Darkspore released today - April 26, 2011
« on: Apr 26, 2011, 10:11 pm »
I got my game from Amazon via UPS at about 11:00AM.  I tried to install it and I get an error message that says, "Darkspore is currently not available for play. Please try again during a scheduled play test."  So I went on the internet and try to figure out what this means and I find a couple people complaining about this error message as well.  I tried the first recommendation--uninstall and reinstall--but that does nothing.  So I try searching the internet again and find someone who suggests leaving the game open on the error message and waiting.  So I open the game again, get the same error message, go transfer my laundry from the washer to the dryer, come back, and find the error message gone.  I restart Darkspore from the desktop shortcut and this time I get the screen I got in the beta.  It wants to download 23 files and patch the game.  So I wait for it to do that, and finally I get to the screen to put in my CD key.  I get to the place where you actually start the game, and now it's 1:30PM.  I have a bad cold, and I think I am going to take a nap now, but I just wanted to let everyone know about my experience trying to install the game in case anyone else has the same problem.

Offline Sylcai

• November 2006
  • 769 Posts
  • Sylcai has an aura about them.Sylcai has an aura about them.Sylcai has an aura about them.Sylcai has an aura about them.Sylcai has an aura about them.Sylcai has an aura about them.Sylcai has an aura about them.Sylcai has an aura about them.Sylcai has an aura about them.Sylcai has an aura about them.
  • Silvester
    • WWW: http://www.22cans.com/forum/index.php
Re: Darkspore released today - April 26, 2011
« Reply #1 on: Apr 27, 2011, 11:22 am »
I haven't even dared to purchase the game..! It will be disappointing to me probably, like Spore was :(
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
Godus Avatars with Fancy Border;
https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0By3_EkkYdopMODJ4MlN0dllxazA/edit

Offline GallopRider

• November 2009
  • 570 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • GallopRider is a force to reckon with.GallopRider is a force to reckon with.GallopRider is a force to reckon with.GallopRider is a force to reckon with.GallopRider is a force to reckon with.GallopRider is a force to reckon with.GallopRider is a force to reckon with.GallopRider is a force to reckon with.
  • If wishes were horses, all jockeys would win.
« Reply #2 on: Apr 27, 2011, 02:05 pm »
Gosh. Too bad you can't play.  The servers may just have been full. Give it a day or two (I did that with Brotherhood MP, knowing the servers would be jam packed for the first week or so after the PC release.) and maybe it'll be fixed.

Hope you feel better soon! Rest up and eat plenty of chicken noodle soup!
Just remember -- if the world didn't suck, we would all fall off.   OK, so what's the speed of dark?

THERE IS NO GENIUS WITHOUT A TOUCH OF MADNESS

Offline Mary26

• February 2004
  • 674 Posts
  • Mary26 has an aura about them.Mary26 has an aura about them.Mary26 has an aura about them.Mary26 has an aura about them.Mary26 has an aura about them.Mary26 has an aura about them.Mary26 has an aura about them.Mary26 has an aura about them.Mary26 has an aura about them.Mary26 has an aura about them.
  • The battle between good and evil continues!

« Reply #3 on: Apr 29, 2011, 12:52 am »
I have started playing the game and it's hack and slash, just like Sylcai said.  But there is a backstory that is kind of interesting, and there appears to be an "end" or a situation in which you beat the game.  I just got wiped out (all three of my heroes died), so I need to hack and slash better.  :laugh2