Author Topic: Spore is not working  (Read 7246 times)

Offline Willy

• Administrator
  • July 2011
  • 152 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Willy is on the verge of being accepted.Willy is on the verge of being accepted.Willy is on the verge of being accepted.Willy is on the verge of being accepted.Willy is on the verge of being accepted.

Spore is not working
« on: Jul 27, 2012, 12:29 am »
For some reason spore will not work on my computer.
What happens is, When I put the CD in, the reader starts making lots of noise and just keeps going and nothing ever happens.
My systems

I have two hard drives...
 Windows Vista 32 bit
 This is the system I tried to install spore on.

Windows 7 64 bit
 This system doesn't work very well, most games I play on vista don't seem to work very well.

How can I get spore to work on vista???
Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see

Offline GallopRider

• November 2009
  • 570 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • GallopRider is a force to reckon with.GallopRider is a force to reckon with.GallopRider is a force to reckon with.GallopRider is a force to reckon with.GallopRider is a force to reckon with.GallopRider is a force to reckon with.GallopRider is a force to reckon with.GallopRider is a force to reckon with.
  • If wishes were horses, all jockeys would win.
Re: Spore is not working
« Reply #1 on: Jul 27, 2012, 03:49 pm »
My sister had that very issue: the drive would spin, stop, and make a grinding noise... repeated five-ever  It's a very common issue for the disc not to read.  Even after getting it to install right, many people have instant CTDs.  But let's see if we can work on the current problem.

Is your drive able to play DVDs?  Spore is a DVD-ROM......
Does your disc have any smudges or scratches you might have overlooked?  Has your CD bay's laser been cleaned?  Is your system able to identify the disc in My Computer?  Try to right-click on the disc and run it as administrator.  I haven't ran a program off a disc in aeons, so forgive me if there isn't an option to do so.  If you can't run it as an admin open the disc in a new window and try to boot it directly off the executable.  There should be something along the lines of a Spore.exe or sporeapp.exe or Install.exe in there.  Sometimes the game will boot of the EA Launcher (not sure what they call it now)

Check out this link.  It's got some good tips from the EA people themselves: http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/spore-game-discussion/334803-spore-faq.html
Just remember -- if the world didn't suck, we would all fall off.   OK, so what's the speed of dark?

THERE IS NO GENIUS WITHOUT A TOUCH OF MADNESS

Offline Willy

• Administrator
  • July 2011
  • 152 Posts
  • Willy is on the verge of being accepted.Willy is on the verge of being accepted.Willy is on the verge of being accepted.Willy is on the verge of being accepted.Willy is on the verge of being accepted.

« Reply #2 on: Jul 27, 2012, 09:16 pm »
My CD-Rom can read DVDs
Does your disc have any smudges or scratches you might have overlooked?
It does have some very small scratches but there very hard to see, I don't think they would cause a problem.
Has your CD bay's laser been cleaned?
CD bay's laser been cleaned I don't know know what that is.
Is your system able to identify the disc in My Computer? 
Yes.
     Try to right-click on the disc and run it as administrator
             Doesn't work
      If you can't run it as an admin open the disc in a new window and try to boot it directly off the executable
             Again nothing.

About 1 week ago my sister was able to install the game on her computer, she has windows xp.

Offline AppleApe

• June 2010
  • 409 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • AppleApe has great potential!AppleApe has great potential!AppleApe has great potential!AppleApe has great potential!AppleApe has great potential!AppleApe has great potential!AppleApe has great potential!AppleApe has great potential!AppleApe has great potential!
« Reply #3 on: Jul 29, 2012, 01:27 am »

Try to right-click on the disc and run it as administrator
 Doesn't work

Is it that you cannot click "open"?  ???

As for the discs I have had two discs that gave me poo.
One is actually cracked (cracked as in physically cracked, not gained by questionable means).
I put it in the drive and it would not register.
I got it to work by using a lens cleaning cloth to wipe it.  You might think to wipe clock-wise or counter clock-wise, but, it should be wiped from the center directly out in a line.
I put it in and it worked just as it should.
You could try that. :)
Write this down on a piece of paper or in a text editor:
Do a T.  Behind that do a Zero.  Behind that do a One.  Behind that do a D.  Behind that do an I.

Offline Willy

• Administrator
  • July 2011
  • 152 Posts

« Reply #4 on: Jul 31, 2012, 10:43 pm »
I was able to get spore to install on Windows 7 but I could get the game to work, so I downloaded Spore Galactic Adventures. and now I can play the game. 

Offline GallopRider

• November 2009
  • 570 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • GallopRider is a force to reckon with.GallopRider is a force to reckon with.GallopRider is a force to reckon with.GallopRider is a force to reckon with.GallopRider is a force to reckon with.GallopRider is a force to reckon with.GallopRider is a force to reckon with.GallopRider is a force to reckon with.
  • If wishes were horses, all jockeys would win.
« Reply #5 on: Aug 01, 2012, 03:57 pm »
Glad to hear you got it to work.  What did you do?  By writing it here, perhaps someone with a similar problem will read this thread and resolve their issue.  That, and I'm curious.  :p
Just remember -- if the world didn't suck, we would all fall off.   OK, so what's the speed of dark?

THERE IS NO GENIUS WITHOUT A TOUCH OF MADNESS

Offline Willy

• Administrator
  • July 2011
  • 152 Posts

« Reply #6 on: Aug 02, 2012, 12:00 am »
At first I said this:
"I have two hard drives...
 Windows Vista 32 bit
 This is the system I tried to install spore on.

Windows 7 64 bit
 This system doesn't work very well, most games I play on vista don't seem to work very well.
"

At first I was trying to install spore on vista since 7 wasn't working very well for me.
Since nothing was work I thought that I should try it on 7 and see what happens.
And 7 spore was able to install but I couldn't play the game.

I like the spore app "Galactic Adventures" watch can only be downloaded it spore is installed, so I only needed to get spore to install then download Galactic Adventures and would be able to play with out the CD.

Since I was able to install spore on 7 I was then able to download Galactic Adventures and play with having to us the CD  :)