Author Topic: Nexus Mods Network adds BW2 mods  (Read 2953 times)

Offline GallopRider

• November 2009
  • 570 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • GallopRider is a force to reckon with.GallopRider is a force to reckon with.GallopRider is a force to reckon with.GallopRider is a force to reckon with.GallopRider is a force to reckon with.GallopRider is a force to reckon with.GallopRider is a force to reckon with.GallopRider is a force to reckon with.
  • If wishes were horses, all jockeys would win.
Nexus Mods Network adds BW2 mods
« on: Jan 25, 2014, 04:04 am »

Apparently the Nexus Mods site, which is a major player in the modding community for The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Witcher, Dragon Age, etc. has added a branch for modding Black & White 2. So far there appear to be only 5 mods hosted on the site. That said, mod authors should be aware that users on the Nexus mods site may try to pass off mods originally hosts on Kayssplace as their own.

Will the Nexus modding community have a negative impact on Kayssplace or will we see more traffic as a result of (potentially) newfound interest in modding BW2?
Just remember -- if the world didn't suck, we would all fall off.   OK, so what's the speed of dark?

THERE IS NO GENIUS WITHOUT A TOUCH OF MADNESS

Offline fenton_pat

• Administrator
  • March 2003
  • 3,366 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • fenton_pat is awe-inspiring!fenton_pat is awe-inspiring!fenton_pat is awe-inspiring!fenton_pat is awe-inspiring!fenton_pat is awe-inspiring!fenton_pat is awe-inspiring!fenton_pat is awe-inspiring!fenton_pat is awe-inspiring!fenton_pat is awe-inspiring!fenton_pat is awe-inspiring!fenton_pat is awe-inspiring!fenton_pat is awe-inspiring!
  • Insane Irishman

Re: Nexus Mods Network adds BW2 mods
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2014, 03:10 pm »
Difficult to say.  With such an old game, I personally think some plagiarism is to be expected as many of the original mod authors aren't active in the B&W community (or the wider modding community) anymore.

That aside, it doesn't stop the possibility of it still generating more interest in the B&W series again.
Demon chicken tamer extraordinaire :D !

Offline FunniestMonkey

• November 2013
  • 61 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • FunniestMonkey barely matters.FunniestMonkey barely matters.
  • awsome
Re: Nexus Mods Network adds BW2 mods
« Reply #2 on: Jan 27, 2014, 08:51 pm »
I agree with pat - I've been to NexusMods more times than I can count, they're pretty resourceful and although it may only add already made mods but may also encourage new ones to be created, that would certainly boost the count within the BW community.

I just hope they don't end up doing what they did with TES series...host a bunch of nude mods/body mods  :laugh2