Author Topic: What other games do you play  (Read 2632 times)

Offline HalberdCake

• November 2006
  • 334 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • HalberdCake is on the verge of being accepted.HalberdCake is on the verge of being accepted.HalberdCake is on the verge of being accepted.HalberdCake is on the verge of being accepted.HalberdCake is on the verge of being accepted.
What other games do you play
« on: Mar 24, 2015, 11:11 pm »
Besides Black & White or Spore?
I play a lot of online games like GTA, CoD, Titanfall, but also Horror and Openworld games like FarCry 3 and 4, Silent Hill, Outlast, well pretty much anything although I seem to enjoy the Horrorgenre the most, despite not owning that many horror games.
Run away and wait for it to end, but itŽll soon catch you again and youŽll run away from it once more.

This user has nostalgic gaming moments and is now playing: Super Metroid, Paper Mario,Super Paper Mario, SSBM/SSBB, Starfox Adventures, Lylat Wars, Metroid Prime /Echoes/ Corruption, The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, The Wind Waker/ Twilight Princess, Resident Evil 4, Obscure 2.

Offline Gremxula

• March 2003
  • 2,047 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Gremxula is awe-inspiring!Gremxula is awe-inspiring!Gremxula is awe-inspiring!Gremxula is awe-inspiring!Gremxula is awe-inspiring!Gremxula is awe-inspiring!Gremxula is awe-inspiring!Gremxula is awe-inspiring!Gremxula is awe-inspiring!Gremxula is awe-inspiring!Gremxula is awe-inspiring!Gremxula is awe-inspiring!

Re: What other games do you play
« Reply #1 on: Apr 02, 2015, 07:03 pm »
Populous
Grand Ages of Rome
B&W2
Darwinia
Skyrim
Are in my top 10.
In this world there are 10 types of people those that understand binary and the ones don't.

Offline fenton_pat

• Administrator
  • March 2003
  • 3,368 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • fenton_pat is awe-inspiring!fenton_pat is awe-inspiring!fenton_pat is awe-inspiring!fenton_pat is awe-inspiring!fenton_pat is awe-inspiring!fenton_pat is awe-inspiring!fenton_pat is awe-inspiring!fenton_pat is awe-inspiring!fenton_pat is awe-inspiring!fenton_pat is awe-inspiring!fenton_pat is awe-inspiring!fenton_pat is awe-inspiring!
  • Insane Irishman

« Reply #2 on: Apr 08, 2015, 10:15 am »
Must confess I've gone off PC gaming.

These days, I'm a PlayStation man.  I mostly play popular game series:
  • GTA
  • Dragon Age
  • The Arkham games
  • Assassins Creed

As I move more and more into the PS4 bracket, I find I don't use the online aspects as I have to pay for a subscription that I wouldn't use enough to justify it.  Shame that.  But meh, I was never much of an online player anyway.

The only time this has annoied me was in the latest Assasin's Creed game where all the online features are waved in your face so much  :( .
Demon chicken tamer extraordinaire :D !

Offline Ades

• November 2012
  • 47 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Ades has no influence.
  • Ades the sakriledje
« Reply #3 on: Apr 08, 2015, 01:55 pm »
I'm not a big video game player, I pretty much stick to the games I already have from quite some time. As a matter of fact, I only own a PS2 and a Wii, B&W and B&W2 are the only games I play on the PC. For the other games I play though:

The Tenchu series
The Megaman and Megaman X series
TimeSplitters: Future Perfect
Final Fantasy X and Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time
Resident Evil 4
Dynasty Warriors 5
Soul Calibur II and III
Okami
Dragon Quest Swords
and I think I forgot some games.
- Let there be light!
- ... But where's the switch?

Offline Gremxula

• March 2003
  • 2,047 Posts
  • Gremxula is awe-inspiring!Gremxula is awe-inspiring!Gremxula is awe-inspiring!Gremxula is awe-inspiring!Gremxula is awe-inspiring!Gremxula is awe-inspiring!Gremxula is awe-inspiring!Gremxula is awe-inspiring!Gremxula is awe-inspiring!Gremxula is awe-inspiring!Gremxula is awe-inspiring!Gremxula is awe-inspiring!

« Reply #4 on: Apr 08, 2015, 08:09 pm »
FP ...I do understand where you are coming from  but  PC versions of  console games generally have a lot more replay value. Mainly  due to the number of different ways  you can Mod the game on PC versions.
For example my Skyrim install is currently over 30gb ( standard would be about 13gb with all DLCS  and texture packs ) and  my currently selected mods.  The game is 90+%  different to the fixed console game.
 Much the same with Dragon Age you can play a basic game or a crafted version.

Just check it out.
In this world there are 10 types of people those that understand binary and the ones don't.

Offline something_or.other

• June 2011
  • 157 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • something_or.other is working their way up.something_or.other is working their way up.something_or.other is working their way up.
« Reply #5 on: Apr 10, 2015, 09:25 pm »
Too many games to list everything but I can put a few of my favorite games/series and recent games I've played. In no particular order:

Animal Crossing
Assassin's Creed
Danganronpa
Zelda
Mario
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F (2nd)
Hotline Miami
Splinter Cell
Super Smash Bros 4
Ori and the Blind Forest
"Tales of" series
Harvest Moon
Uncharted
Tomb Raider

etc. etc.

Offline fenton_pat

• Administrator
  • March 2003
  • 3,368 Posts
  • fenton_pat is awe-inspiring!fenton_pat is awe-inspiring!fenton_pat is awe-inspiring!fenton_pat is awe-inspiring!fenton_pat is awe-inspiring!fenton_pat is awe-inspiring!fenton_pat is awe-inspiring!fenton_pat is awe-inspiring!fenton_pat is awe-inspiring!fenton_pat is awe-inspiring!fenton_pat is awe-inspiring!fenton_pat is awe-inspiring!
  • Insane Irishman

« Reply #6 on: Apr 13, 2015, 09:31 am »
FP ...I do understand where you are coming from  but  PC versions of  console games generally have a lot more replay value. Mainly  due to the number of different ways  you can Mod the game on PC versions.
For example my Skyrim install is currently over 30gb ( standard would be about 13gb with all DLCS  and texture packs ) and  my currently selected mods.  The game is 90+%  different to the fixed console game.
 Much the same with Dragon Age you can play a basic game or a crafted version.

Just check it out.
While I can definitely appreciate a game you can tweak to your own personal specifications (one of the reasons I loved B&W so much), the reasons that turned me off PC gaming were twofold:
  • This is an old chestnut in the PC Vs. Console debate. But the shifting graphical requirements from one PC game to the next always had me wondering whether my PC could handle the next game I threw at it, be it in graphics or just processing :( .  I never got that many PC games anyway, so that gap in between games was sometimes quite a lot - meaning the investment I made in a decent PC rig was sometimes money down the drain.  At least with console games, I was assured that what I bought would work straight out of the box (no fiddling with settings required) regardless of how long I left the hardware idle.
  • If there was a game I really liked, I could get over the first point.  But the harsh truth of the matter was that most of the games I wanted to play either didn't come out on PC or sometimes didn't come out until well over a year later than their console brethren (admittedly to sometimes to much superior results, sometimes not).  This was the real deal-breaker for me.

Offline Gremxula

• March 2003
  • 2,047 Posts

« Reply #7 on: Apr 17, 2015, 09:42 pm »
"Tweak" is not a word I would use to describe the mods that can change the  whole game dynamic's
Yes console games  deliver your basic  "fish & chips" but PC mods  add the salt and vinegar  and the bread and butter.   

Yes I agree  that  PC versions  of games  sometimes came out later but mostly  the delay was for  profit from  the youngsters.

Offline fenton_pat

• Administrator
  • March 2003
  • 3,368 Posts
  • Insane Irishman

« Reply #8 on: Apr 19, 2015, 08:33 pm »
I use the term "tweak" rather loosely, but while I envy the wonderous things that PC players can do with mods, there's just too many cons like I listed above to make me invest in a decent PC rig.

That and I like gaming from the comfort of my living room couch (forgot that one :D ).  It's perfectly acceptable to have a console in your living room, but a living room PC is another matter entirely :rolleyes .

Offline S_Phil1690

• June 2015
  • 22 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • S_Phil1690 has no influence.
« Reply #9 on: Jun 25, 2015, 03:33 am »
I like older games like:

Baldur's Gate (I&II)
Icewind Dale (1&II)
Deadlock (I&II)
The Longest Journey series
Syberia (1&2)
Rome and Medieval II Total War
Elder Scrolls Games (Morrowind through Skyrim)
Fable (I&II)
Sim City 3K and 4
Farcry 4
Assassin's Creed (I've played 1, 2, Brotherhood, and 4)