Author Topic: BW1 on Windows 7/8/10  (Read 64311 times)

Offline Handsome Matt

• August 2005
  • 252 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!

• My Portfolio
Re: BW1 on Windows 7/8/10
« Reply #15 on: Feb 27, 2016, 01:13 am »
Oh I might of uploaded the wrong exe, sorry about that I'll make sure when I get home.

Offline Handsome Matt

• August 2005
  • 252 Posts
  • Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!

• My Portfolio
« Reply #16 on: Feb 27, 2016, 06:09 pm »
Uploaded, check the main post - it's now an installer figured it'd be much easier to distribute it like this. Fixed the forced window mode, some graphical bugs, some widescreen bugs.
« Last Edit: Feb 27, 2016, 10:16 pm by Handsome Matt »

Offline asdsgksgjhdlk

• March 2016
  • 3 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • asdsgksgjhdlk has no influence.
« Reply #17 on: Mar 01, 2016, 01:45 pm »

cool that was easy, I'll package & publish the patch later tonight.

edit: alright it's up, just redownload the fan patch and replace runblack.exe

Your b&w looks amazing on that screenshot. I installed patch 1.3 and 1.4 but my textures are blurred all the time and they don't look that sharp as yours, I changed all the settings back in 1.2 and 1.3 but render distance is still too low, it worked better or perfectly before formatting about 2 years ago (same pc and windows 7). I don't know what to do :rolleyes

ok, now my game looks like this
« Last Edit: Mar 01, 2016, 02:00 pm by asdsgksgjhdlk »

Offline Handsome Matt

• August 2005
  • 252 Posts

• My Portfolio
« Reply #18 on: Mar 01, 2016, 04:23 pm »
Try the latest 1.4 and make sure you run the configuration tool included, just set it to max details and save. That's all my game is, no compatibility options, no nothing.

Offline asdsgksgjhdlk

• March 2016
  • 3 Posts
« Reply #19 on: Mar 03, 2016, 01:35 pm »
Try the latest 1.4 and make sure you run the configuration tool included, just set it to max details and save. That's all my game is, no compatibility options, no nothing.

well, so I guess I can't do nothing more, but I thought it looked better.. is there any bwbackup software that will work with your patch ?

Offline Handsome Matt

• August 2005
  • 252 Posts

• My Portfolio
« Reply #20 on: Mar 03, 2016, 06:42 pm »
well, so I guess I can't do nothing more, but I thought it looked better.. is there any bwbackup software that will work with your patch ?

normal bwbackup software should work just fine? what issues are you having?

Offline asdsgksgjhdlk

• March 2016
  • 3 Posts
« Reply #21 on: Mar 03, 2016, 07:33 pm »
normal bwbackup software should work just fine? what issues are you having?

I played this game about 2 years ago and I decided to clean my HDD, I thought that "copy,paste" will keep my save data from BW,but I was horribly WRONG.. I installed BW yesterday and I was struggling with those folders, after some time, I've read on forums about save data from this game. I only copied my "Profile" folder, you know the rest. The game was crashing on save, my creature forgot all spells and stuff so I have to start all over again... But there is 1.2 and your 1.4 patch. I don't know which should I use for future backups and multiplayer game.

Offline gamerjohn1991

• March 2016
  • 2 Posts
  • gamerjohn1991 has no influence.
« Reply #22 on: Mar 04, 2016, 12:46 pm »
I've noticed a problem as of recently: Whenever I play the game, even with all the patches, Creatures, and new stuff, the game won't show up when I click runblack.exe.  :help

Offline Maxun4o

• March 2016
  • 1 Posts
  • Maxun4o has no influence.
« Reply #23 on: Mar 04, 2016, 06:53 pm »
i cant start the Fan Patch setup.exe

I have the same problem. Before 2 or 3 weeks i had installed the fan patch and played a lot. I uninstalled the game and now me and a friend of mine want to play multiplayer. We instaled 1.1, 1.2  and he installed the fan patch. When i click on the application i notice that in the task manager processes i have 3 instances of the BWFanPatchInstaller.exe. Nothing loads up....  :help

BTW in gog you can vote so for black and white. If it gets enough votes they will add it in gog and we will be able buy the game and have support for it.

Offline Mortise

• February 2016
  • 8 Posts
  • Mortise has no influence.
« Reply #24 on: Mar 10, 2016, 06:26 pm »
Hi there, my problem is with the installation of the patches. I have the game installed in C:\Games\Black & White and when I try to apply the patches I get the following messages; "Neither command line parameter specified is an existing directory" and "You do not have the correct version of Black & White installed to use ". Only thing I've done after the install is add the creature unlocks and Village Banter. Have also tried running patches as admin. and no joy...Any and all help is more than welcome.

And figured out my mistake. Got it patched an running, fingers crossed all continues to go well. Matt, you're a legend for this fixes/patches. :)
« Last Edit: Mar 19, 2016, 11:27 pm by Mortise »

Offline Bumble24

• March 2016
  • 1 Posts
  • Bumble24 has no influence.
« Reply #25 on: Mar 11, 2016, 10:23 pm »
Hello,

I've followed the installation guide and when I try and start the game I get an error message saying the following: "The program can't start because IFC22.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem".

Is there a quick fix that I can use that doesn't involve me reinstalling it?

EDIT - Nevermind, I've managed to fix it :)
« Last Edit: Mar 11, 2016, 10:25 pm by Bumble24 »

Offline Mortise

• February 2016
  • 8 Posts
  • Mortise has no influence.
« Reply #26 on: Mar 20, 2016, 04:47 pm »
Another question ( sorry...) ; Does anyone know if CI will also run with this setup or is it a WiP ?

Offline KiarasBiggestFan

• April 2015
  • 6 Posts
  • KiarasBiggestFan has no influence.
  • Expand your villages,ally
« Reply #27 on: Mar 22, 2016, 10:07 pm »
Thank you for this post! This is my favorite game of all time and I was worried I'd never get it to work on Windows 10.

Offline Sparkle_Stache

• March 2016
  • 1 Posts
  • Sparkle_Stache has no influence.
« Reply #28 on: Mar 28, 2016, 02:28 am »
Having issues on sizing as well, how do I make the size fit my screen?
Also
I THINK I'm running as admin but not sure can anyone give more example on how to specifically use  runblack.exe when starting the game?
please and thank you!!!!!

Offline Kirays

• March 2016
  • 29 Posts
  • Kirays has no influence.
« Reply #29 on: Mar 30, 2016, 11:03 am »
Having issues on sizing as well, how do I make the size fit my screen?
Also
I THINK I'm running as admin but not sure can anyone give more example on how to specifically use  runblack.exe when starting the game?
please and thank you!!!!!

The original post says you should run it in admin mode. Compability mode is not recommended.
I can confirm that, works completely fine with these settings.
« Last Edit: Mar 30, 2016, 11:50 am by Kirays »