Author Topic: BW1 on Windows 7/8/10  (Read 43364 times)

Offline Padster

• December 2015
  • 37 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Padster has no influence.
Re: BW1 on Windows 7/8/10
« Reply #30 on: Apr 11, 2016, 08:16 pm »
thanks for your work, i'm really happy to play this game again. but i have some kind of bug, some buildings look glitched and are hanging in the air/ground.

i hope this screenshot helps. it's in land 3.

Offline White123lol

• December 2015
  • 3 Posts
  • White123lol has no influence.
« Reply #31 on: Apr 23, 2016, 01:01 pm »
how to build the football building
« Last Edit: Apr 23, 2016, 01:15 pm by White123lol »

Offline Padster

• December 2015
  • 37 Posts
  • Padster has no influence.
« Reply #32 on: Apr 23, 2016, 02:32 pm »
8 scaffolds

Offline Y.T.

• May 2016
  • 7 Posts
  • Y.T. has no influence.
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2016, 10:38 pm »
Hi, I'm just trying to run the game under windows 10 - at first it worked (version 1.1), but then on isle 3 I suddenly ran into these save game problems, so I tried installing the game again.
I installed patch 1.2 and now the game doesn't start at all.

I followed the installation instructions from this thread, but I couldn't install the fan patch because the download doesn't work. It just stops after 1 second or something.
Am I the only one with that problem?

Edit: Ok, seems like my virus scanner made the download fail. Maybe I should try something else then.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 07:43 pm by Y.T. »

Offline Kirays

• March 2016
  • 29 Posts
  • Kirays has no influence.
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2016, 08:15 pm »
Yeah. You need to have patch 1.3 installed for it to run properly.

Offline Y.T.

• May 2016
  • 7 Posts
  • Y.T. has no influence.
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2016, 09:35 pm »
Um, but the description says that patch is only needed if you have a p5 glove.

I've installed the game again for now and with patch 1.100 (and modified exe), it starts.
Did you have the same problems or do you mean the fan patch? Someone here wrote that the game needs that to run properly after patching. But since I can't get this...
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 10:29 pm by Y.T. »

Offline Gremxula

• March 2003
  • 2,047 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Gremxula is awe-inspiring!Gremxula is awe-inspiring!Gremxula is awe-inspiring!Gremxula is awe-inspiring!Gremxula is awe-inspiring!Gremxula is awe-inspiring!Gremxula is awe-inspiring!Gremxula is awe-inspiring!Gremxula is awe-inspiring!Gremxula is awe-inspiring!Gremxula is awe-inspiring!Gremxula is awe-inspiring!

« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2016, 06:44 am »
Yes the 1.3 patch is for glove users only although B&W can mostly run without the glove.
From memory...
1.1 game fixes
1.2 "clan patch" is mainly for MP but seems to be 99.9% OK for SP.

On a previous PC I installed B&W to an old flash drive  that I kept plugged into a spare USB port and it worker fine. The main thing to remember is to  install B&W almost anywhere but the default settings, as since the game came out Windows has changed.
In this world there are 10 types of people those that understand binary and the ones don't.

Online Handsome Matt

• August 2005
  • 237 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!

• My Portfolio
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2016, 05:18 pm »
Default B&W install with my patch on top should be all that's required to run the game as flawlessly as possible with no compatibility issues.

Offline Y.T.

• May 2016
  • 7 Posts
  • Y.T. has no influence.
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2016, 09:51 pm »
I wanted to try your patch, Handsome Matt, but I really can't get it to my pc. I've tried downloading from another machine where it was no problem and transfering via dropbox, but my virus scanner kills it while downloading (with different browsers and from different servers) - unlike e.g. a modified .exe I got elsewhere. It doesn't even show a message why it stopped the download.

I don't want to bug you about that, I respect your work, but for now I guess I'm stuck with version 1.00. But I wanted to leave that feedback / problem with the virus scanner here (it's avast), maybe this can help other players who also can't download your patch because of that. And who maybe are willing to deactivate their scanner for this.

Offline BrodieSWR

• April 2011
  • 2 Posts
  • BrodieSWR has no influence.
« Reply #39 on: Jul 14, 2016, 12:20 am »
Default B&W install with my patch on top should be all that's required to run the game as flawlessly as possible with no compatibility issues.

Handsome Matt,

Do you mean that I should be able to install patch 1.4 without first installing the 1.1 and 1.2 patches? Just install game, apply addons, then install the fan patch directly?

Also, is it normal for the Level of Detail (LoD) to be so poor? I have it set to Maximum Detail using your setup, and when I get more than a few feet from the villagers, they instantly change to the worst possible model. Is this normal? Is there anyway to modify this?

I have to be zoomed in almost completely to see the details of the villagers. When zooming out even a tiny amount, they transform into horrible little triangles with no detail.

Here's an image to show it:

« Last Edit: Jul 14, 2016, 12:36 am by BrodieSWR »

Offline TheVaesen

• August 2016
  • 3 Posts
  • TheVaesen has no influence.
« Reply #40 on: Aug 07, 2016, 01:30 am »
I've got absolutely no music in my game. Everything else is perfect, the audio file hasn't gone anywhere. And ideas?

Offline Mortise

• February 2016
  • 8 Posts
  • Mortise has no influence.
« Reply #41 on: Aug 07, 2016, 02:28 am »
Copy the Audio folder from the install disc over the install dir.

Offline Gremxula

• March 2003
  • 2,047 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Gremxula is awe-inspiring!Gremxula is awe-inspiring!Gremxula is awe-inspiring!Gremxula is awe-inspiring!Gremxula is awe-inspiring!Gremxula is awe-inspiring!Gremxula is awe-inspiring!Gremxula is awe-inspiring!Gremxula is awe-inspiring!Gremxula is awe-inspiring!Gremxula is awe-inspiring!Gremxula is awe-inspiring!

« Reply #42 on: Aug 08, 2016, 03:09 pm »
About details in the game all the game DATA is less than 240 meg. The level of detail was good enough for an average PC in 2001.
Just to put it into perspective a modern game DATA can have 24 GB or more.
That's 240 v 24,000 or B&W1 has only 1% of the graphics detail of a modern game.
In this world there are 10 types of people those that understand binary and the ones don't.

Offline Morion

• August 2016
  • 1 Posts
  • Morion has no influence.
« Reply #43 on: Aug 08, 2016, 11:28 pm »
Thanks for the awesome work, Handsome Matt! I played the original game on Windows 10, not without problems, but at least I still can do it after 15 years!

By any chance, would you make the same patch for the Creature Isle addon? I can run it, but it looks awful because of the low-resolution textures problem.

Offline rossides

• August 2016
  • 1 Posts
  • rossides has no influence.
« Reply #44 on: Aug 18, 2016, 08:35 am »
The Patch Works Great Matt!!!! It looks like you have put a lot of hard work into this.......although i am running this game on a windows 10 machine and with your patch installed and your instructions followed down to the finest detail......i still need to run it in compatibility mode and i am noticing that creatue tooltips are not showing up and the in game options seem to not work very much any ideas???