Author Topic: BW1 on Windows 7/8/10  (Read 70215 times)

Offline Yocoyoco

• May 2017
  • 2 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Yocoyoco has no influence.
Re: BW1 on Windows 7/8/10
« Reply #90 on: May 22, 2017, 02:39 pm »
yes, was the ui scalation. thx a ton.

Offline Handsome Matt

• August 2005
  • 254 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!

• My Portfolio
« Reply #91 on: May 23, 2017, 12:20 am »
No problem, any other issues feel free to ask :)

Offline Shane

• July 2015
  • 2 Posts
  • Shane has no influence.
« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2017, 10:33 pm »
Hi.

I recently switched to Windows 10 and manually changed the resolution to match my laptop resolution (1366 x 768)
However now during cinematics, the black bars that appear on the top and bottom are missing.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/g7ESo8ATCPd9Wf3r40oXpqBn8g-CZmqV2WH4OJpOzI-Q57dr8B8R-QX8JrdFdNWQ-0KmfzhuphI_MCg=w1366-h613-rw

This wasn't an issue on Windows 8.
Any idea?

Thanks

Offline Heshaya

• May 2017
  • 6 Posts
  • Heshaya has no influence.
« Reply #93 on: May 26, 2017, 06:55 pm »
Hello,

firstly thanks for the nice help with the installtion of Black and White. Sadly I encountered some problems. I got an original CD here and a (kind of) fresh win 10. I installed Black and White without any problems but then I tried the patches. Even the 1.1 didn't want to install so I decided I'll just skip the patches and go with your fanpatch (Errormessage was something with no rights to write or something). After setting my resolution I started the game without setting anything. While trying to load: lh has stopped working. Started with Admin : lh has stopped working. Any Ideas ? Maybe I'm missing some files ? Are the patches 100% needed and this is the problem ?

Would be nice if you could help.

Offline Handsome Matt

• August 2005
  • 254 Posts
  • Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!

• My Portfolio
« Reply #94 on: May 27, 2017, 01:39 am »
You need to install the game as an admin, and then install the fan patches as admin. You then either run the game under normal mode or admin mode, switching between the two will clear your save game.

Offline gero35

• May 2017
  • 1 Posts
  • gero35 has no influence.
« Reply #95 on: May 27, 2017, 06:13 am »
Hi Matt,

My partner and I are trying to get B&W to run on our own machines, a Windows 7 ASUS Laptop and a Windows 10 Desktop, respectively. The game worked on my desktop fine without the fan patch, but crashes on the first loading screen with it. Conversely, my partner's game stopped responding without the fan patch, and the same crash occurs with the fan patch installed. The message says 'lh.exe has stopped responding'. Here's the event viewer log, for reference:

Code: [Select]
Faulting application name: runblack.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x3d0ecf82
Faulting module name: runblack.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x3d0ecf82
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0016e1fe
Faulting process id: 0x1e64
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2d6a7c2d72100
Faulting application path: C:\B\runblack.exe
Faulting module path: C:\B\runblack.exe
Report Id: 350b7ce2-a8ed-41da-9e42-12b99683f300
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Was there something I'm missing? I've tried everything in your guide and online and nothing can seem to get it working for my partner and I.

Thanks

Offline Heshaya

• May 2017
  • 6 Posts
« Reply #96 on: May 27, 2017, 01:22 pm »
You need to install the game as an admin, and then install the fan patches as admin. You then either run the game under normal mode or admin mode, switching between the two will clear your save game.

I did ... :(

Question is still : Do I really NEED the original patches 1.1 and 1.2 ? Cus I loved the tapping a wood/food wonder to produce a large amount :D Game is hard enough we should be allowed to exploid some nice bugs ;)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 12:44 pm by Heshaya »

Offline Centaurus87

• June 2017
  • 1 Posts
  • Centaurus87 has no influence.
« Reply #97 on: Jun 05, 2017, 09:13 am »
Wow, credit where it's due.

Thumbs up to Handsome Matt for doing this work!

I have only 1 issue as of yet (about 1 hour into the game again)... I don't seem to have ANY of the tooltips. Which is at least a minor inconvenience, because I don't get real-time updates as to what reactions my creature is giving to me.

Quick side note: The subtitles of the consciences are showing up, it's just the tooltips in specific that are missing for me.

Second quick side note: I just entered the 2nd island and the tooltips seem to have returned. No idea how or what. :P
« Last Edit: Jun 05, 2017, 11:41 am by Centaurus87 »

Offline Heshaya

• May 2017
  • 6 Posts
« Reply #98 on: Jun 05, 2017, 11:26 pm »
Wow, credit where it's due.

Thumbs up to Handsome Matt for doing this work!

I have only 1 issue as of yet (about 1 hour into the game again)... I don't seem to have ANY of the tooltips. Which is at least a minor inconvenience, because I don't get real-time updates as to what reactions my creature is giving to me.

Quick side note: The subtitles of the consciences are showing up, it's just the tooltips in specific that are missing for me.

Second quick side note: I just entered the 2nd island and the tooltips seem to have returned. No idea how or what. :P

You mean like the thoughts of the creature ? I know that these are missing pretty often. I normally just go into a free game or whatever it's called and then they're back. :)

Offline Nich

• June 2017
  • 2 Posts
  • Nich has no influence.
« Reply #99 on: Jun 07, 2017, 01:36 am »
Not sure if the original dev is still around so I thought I would help  :cool:

If you play the game in a rez higher than 1920x1080, you'll get the lh not working error.

Offline Heshaya

• May 2017
  • 6 Posts
« Reply #100 on: Jun 07, 2017, 09:51 am »

If you play the game in a rez higher than 1920x1080, you'll get the lh not working error.

My monitor has 1920x1080... I can try telling the game to run on my second monitor that one is smaller. Will try later this day. I'm gonna post an edit if it worked

Aaaand it's still crashing with my second monitor 1680x1050 :/
« Last Edit: Jun 09, 2017, 02:11 pm by Heshaya »

Offline Handsome Matt

• August 2005
  • 254 Posts

• My Portfolio
« Reply #101 on: Jun 07, 2017, 10:33 am »

I play the game in 4k, seems to work fine?

Offline Nich

• June 2017
  • 2 Posts
  • Nich has no influence.
« Reply #102 on: Jun 17, 2017, 09:34 pm »
Not sure Matt. I just know on Windows 10 with both path 1.1 and 1.2 (following your instructions) + all the extra creatures and Villager Banter... I get an hl crash error if I try to raise the resolution about 1080p. I've tried both window and non window mode + different detail options using your setup.

Any ideas, I'm happy to try em for you.

Offline wefwewfefwefweww

• July 2017
  • 7 Posts
  • wefwewfefwefweww has no influence.
« Reply #103 on: Jul 14, 2017, 12:58 am »
Followed the steps. Installed BW1 with admin rights. Did the same with the fanpatch. Checking runblack as "Run with admin" results in nothing happening after running it.
Not having it checked starts the game, and then it dies a couple of seconds after the intro video (Where you can see V1.40 Beta 5".)

No errors or anything, game simply dies.

Windows 10.

Offline Handsome Matt

• August 2005
  • 254 Posts

• My Portfolio
« Reply #104 on: Jul 14, 2017, 01:06 pm »
You shouldn't really run the game as admin. Lemme know what GPU you have, are you drivers installed? Any crash logs etc (check windows event viewer)