Author Topic: Been Too Long  (Read 4995 times)

Offline Alkatraz2212

• FAQ Team
  • February 2006
  • 1,333 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • Alkatraz2212 is awe-inspiring!Alkatraz2212 is awe-inspiring!Alkatraz2212 is awe-inspiring!Alkatraz2212 is awe-inspiring!Alkatraz2212 is awe-inspiring!Alkatraz2212 is awe-inspiring!Alkatraz2212 is awe-inspiring!Alkatraz2212 is awe-inspiring!Alkatraz2212 is awe-inspiring!Alkatraz2212 is awe-inspiring!Alkatraz2212 is awe-inspiring!Alkatraz2212 is awe-inspiring!
  • Can't believe this is still around!

Been Too Long
« on: Jan 10, 2014, 04:45 am »
Wow. It's frightening that my last post here was back in May 2013.

It's good to know that the place is still kicking, and despite not seeing Kays himself in a while (last time he checked in seems to be back in November...), it's also good to know that the domain and server are still paid for.

It's funny looking back at my post history here. I was ten years old when I registered on this website. Holy crap. That was 8 years ago...

Anyway, I've been kicking around the idea to pop Black and White 1 and 2 back in sometime and replay them for old time's sake. I'm sure I'll get around to it again, maybe post a creature or village design when I do.

I've started college since my last post, and I've joined up with a Formula SAE team. We design and build from the ground up (minus the engine and tires, we buy those) a Formula style racing car each year, and then we compete in Detroit with other schools from around the world. It's a really cool team, and I'm really excited about being a part of it.

I'll pop back in in a few days to check up again, I hope. In the meantime, what's everyone been up to?

Can't believe this is still around.

Offline fenton_pat

• Administrator
  • March 2003
  • 3,373 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • fenton_pat is awe-inspiring!fenton_pat is awe-inspiring!fenton_pat is awe-inspiring!fenton_pat is awe-inspiring!fenton_pat is awe-inspiring!fenton_pat is awe-inspiring!fenton_pat is awe-inspiring!fenton_pat is awe-inspiring!fenton_pat is awe-inspiring!fenton_pat is awe-inspiring!fenton_pat is awe-inspiring!fenton_pat is awe-inspiring!
  • Insane Irishman

Re: Been Too Long
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2014, 02:19 pm »
Hi Alkatraz.

This place has just been ticking over really. As for me, I remain in the I.T. sector programming away - all the while keeping an eye on here :) .

Mainly play console games these days, but I'm forever waiting for that one good god game or RTS to draw me back to the PC :D .
Demon chicken tamer extraordinaire :D !

Offline chaoslight

• April 2005
  • 1,352 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • chaoslight is awe-inspiring!chaoslight is awe-inspiring!chaoslight is awe-inspiring!chaoslight is awe-inspiring!chaoslight is awe-inspiring!chaoslight is awe-inspiring!chaoslight is awe-inspiring!chaoslight is awe-inspiring!chaoslight is awe-inspiring!chaoslight is awe-inspiring!chaoslight is awe-inspiring!chaoslight is awe-inspiring!
  • Lets be friends *_*

• Webtint
« Reply #2 on: Mar 23, 2014, 02:12 pm »
I can't believe this domain is still going.
Amirite?

Offline Kaze

• February 2006
  • 1,231 Posts
  • Kaze is awe-inspiring!Kaze is awe-inspiring!Kaze is awe-inspiring!Kaze is awe-inspiring!Kaze is awe-inspiring!Kaze is awe-inspiring!Kaze is awe-inspiring!Kaze is awe-inspiring!Kaze is awe-inspiring!Kaze is awe-inspiring!Kaze is awe-inspiring!Kaze is awe-inspiring!
  • Meow?

« Reply #3 on: Mar 26, 2014, 02:49 am »
Well hello there. Indeed it has been sometime!

I'm still tramping around the marshes in the West of Ireland haha

8 years, oh my how young I was back then. 14..... Wow
Hey Ho

Offline Zackers14

• August 2005
  • 885 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • Zackers14 is leading the good life!Zackers14 is leading the good life!Zackers14 is leading the good life!Zackers14 is leading the good life!Zackers14 is leading the good life!Zackers14 is leading the good life!Zackers14 is leading the good life!Zackers14 is leading the good life!Zackers14 is leading the good life!Zackers14 is leading the good life!Zackers14 is leading the good life!
  • Yup, Im back

« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2015, 06:32 am »
Funny, I was thinking of popping back in here myself to see how things were going. Damn. I really grew up in this community. Might replay the Black and White games myself.
Good to see this place still kicking. Thanks for all the years.
So a baby seal walks into a club...

Offline HalberdCake

• November 2006
  • 334 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • HalberdCake is on the verge of being accepted.HalberdCake is on the verge of being accepted.HalberdCake is on the verge of being accepted.HalberdCake is on the verge of being accepted.HalberdCake is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #5 on: Mar 24, 2015, 10:22 pm »
I remember you, I think you even used to have a trademark or something like that.
Run away and wait for it to end, but it´ll soon catch you again and you´ll run away from it once more.

This user has nostalgic gaming moments and is now playing: Super Metroid, Paper Mario,Super Paper Mario, SSBM/SSBB, Starfox Adventures, Lylat Wars, Metroid Prime /Echoes/ Corruption, The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, The Wind Waker/ Twilight Princess, Resident Evil 4, Obscure 2.

Offline Alkatraz2212

• FAQ Team
  • February 2006
  • 1,333 Posts
  • Alkatraz2212 is awe-inspiring!Alkatraz2212 is awe-inspiring!Alkatraz2212 is awe-inspiring!Alkatraz2212 is awe-inspiring!Alkatraz2212 is awe-inspiring!Alkatraz2212 is awe-inspiring!Alkatraz2212 is awe-inspiring!Alkatraz2212 is awe-inspiring!Alkatraz2212 is awe-inspiring!Alkatraz2212 is awe-inspiring!Alkatraz2212 is awe-inspiring!Alkatraz2212 is awe-inspiring!

« Reply #6 on: Apr 21, 2015, 04:55 am »
And even here I am now, returning once again to check in.

Every time I come back, I keep forgetting to check back in. But boy oh boy, is it good to see some old faces (or, usernames, I guess?)

How's everyone been this time?

Offline Alkatraz2212

• FAQ Team
  • February 2006
  • 1,333 Posts

« Reply #7 on: Mar 16, 2016, 04:23 am »
Wow, it's insane to see this site still technically alive after all these years. I never thought that it would survive a domain crash, but lo and behold, here it is.

I still check in here roughly once every 3-6 months. Black & White was one of my favorite games growing up. It's crazy to think that it's been almost ten years since I joined this site. If something is to happen to this site again, I just wanted to let those of you who are still around know that you were a terrific influence on my life. Being so young but a member of such a tight-knit and active community definitely helped me grow in terms of maturity and language. I shudder to think who I'd be without this community.

It's almost strange being on bwfiles.com instead of kayssplace.com. My old bookmark in my browser to kayssplace died, and my heart sank. A quick search yielded this, and while it's sad to see how inactive the community is (it's like a ghost town, with old marks all over the place to tell the story of this once bustling community), it's nice to see that some people still pop around once in a while to say hi, including myself.

I do sincerely hope to hear from all of my old friends, and I hope everyone is doing well!

Offline Kaze

• February 2006
  • 1,231 Posts
  • Kaze is awe-inspiring!Kaze is awe-inspiring!Kaze is awe-inspiring!Kaze is awe-inspiring!Kaze is awe-inspiring!Kaze is awe-inspiring!Kaze is awe-inspiring!Kaze is awe-inspiring!Kaze is awe-inspiring!Kaze is awe-inspiring!Kaze is awe-inspiring!Kaze is awe-inspiring!
  • Meow?

« Reply #8 on: Apr 05, 2016, 01:34 am »
Wow, it's insane to see this site still technically alive after all these years. I never thought that it would survive a domain crash, but lo and behold, here it is.

I still check in here roughly once every 3-6 months. Black & White was one of my favorite games growing up. It's crazy to think that it's been almost ten years since I joined this site. If something is to happen to this site again, I just wanted to let those of you who are still around know that you were a terrific influence on my life. Being so young but a member of such a tight-knit and active community definitely helped me grow in terms of maturity and language. I shudder to think who I'd be without this community.

It's almost strange being on bwfiles.com instead of kayssplace.com. My old bookmark in my browser to kayssplace died, and my heart sank. A quick search yielded this, and while it's sad to see how inactive the community is (it's like a ghost town, with old marks all over the place to tell the story of this once bustling community), it's nice to see that some people still pop around once in a while to say hi, including myself.

I do sincerely hope to hear from all of my old friends, and I hope everyone is doing well!

Agreed with everything you've said buddy!

I think we should post twitter handles here to keep in touch with everyone. (Everyone seems to have a twitter handle these days)

Mine is @VoGKaze
Hey Ho