Author Topic: BW1 on Windows 7/8/10  (Read 116930 times)

Offline Theweird1234

• June 2018
  • 1 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Theweird1234 has no influence.
Re: BW1 on Windows 7/8/10
« Reply #180 on: Jun 19, 2018, 11:57 pm »
So I follow your instructions and on the fan patch I hit the window button yet my game is still minimize and to the top left if I press the full screen button. Please help

Offline fixforcrash

• June 2018
  • 1 Posts
  • fixforcrash has no influence.
« Reply #181 on: Jun 23, 2018, 08:26 am »
Hey guys, i made an account to let you know that i managed to fix the pirate version that crashed.

What you do is follow all the steps he has given, however you will install patch 1.2  then his version and run the exe file you get in the end (8460 kb one). You can't install the fan patch first, if you do it will crash at the beginning after you see the intro video. So basically install patch 1.2 then fan version the way he described and run the exe with admin.

After i did this i got past the intro part and could create an account but then it crashed. however the next time i opened the game it worked fine. I'll let you guys know if i have any problems.

There is ONE big issue with all these files. Most Anti-Virus programs, Norton, Avast, Windows Defender, Windows Security Essentials and so on, read almost every file as a virus, malware or otherwise. Bit annoying. To keep them intact and undeleted I've had to store them all in zip files. Otherwise, I LOVE YOU GUYS THAT MADE THIS ALL POSSIBLE!

I do miss having the game in Swedish Language, but I can technically fix that, but that means less addons I think, unless none of the patches have any spoken language, then I may be fine. I can just reinstall otherwise.

As for Swedish Language, I managed to save the installed files from the old computer I had when I first played this game ON ITS RELEASE, LionHead had a studio in Sweden and they re-recorded every line in Swedish. So glad I still have it all saved! If there is anyone that wants it in Swedish though, bear in mind - it is not just the text and spoken words, IT IS THE ENTIRE INSTALLATION FOLDER. I still don't know how to separate any of it. Need help with it.

oh wow, I remember playing the game in swedish and the population constantly screaming " vi vill ha mera mat". Do upload mate :)
« Last Edit: Jun 23, 2018, 08:29 am by fixforcrash »

Offline CharAznable

• August 2018
  • 1 Posts
  • CharAznable has no influence.
« Reply #182 on: Aug 11, 2018, 07:14 am »
Hello,

I recently started having trouble with B&W1, used to play great on Windows 10.  Now it crashes as soon as it starts to load.  I can see in the event viewer that it's generating exception code 0xc000005.  This appears to be an access issue. 
I have purged the installation, reinstalled vanilla, applied the fan patch.  Same issue fullscreen or windowed.  Tired run as admin, compatibility mode, disabled high DPI and what not but no dice.

Unfortunately I had to manually uninstall the game do to a "catastrophic" error with the uninstaller.  I searched the registry for every entry it may have made and purged them. 

Has anyone seen this?  If so, how did you fix it?

Thanks,
Char
« Last Edit: Aug 11, 2018, 07:37 am by CharAznable »

Offline MeanPandaKing

• September 2018
  • 1 Posts
  • MeanPandaKing has no influence.
« Reply #183 on: Sep 06, 2018, 06:35 pm »
Hi i cannot install the 1.10 and 1.20 patches.
but i can start the game and it crashes after the first loading screen

Offline NostalgicGamer

• September 2018
  • 5 Posts
  • NostalgicGamer has no influence.
« Reply #184 on: Sep 15, 2018, 05:08 am »
So, I got the game to work (Yay Me!) But I cannot get the in game music to work ( :help). I could hear the music in the outro, intro, and the magical stones in world one. I copied the audio file and placed it in my C: drive as suggested but nothing works. I want to continue playing tonight but I also want the music to work. If I could get a reply soon that would be much appreciated, please and thank you.

Offline Handsome Matt

• August 2005
  • 262 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!

• My Portfolio
« Reply #185 on: Sep 15, 2018, 11:56 am »
So, I got the game to work (Yay Me!) But I cannot get the in game music to work ( :help). I could hear the music in the outro, intro, and the magical stones in world one. I copied the audio file and placed it in my C: drive as suggested but nothing works. I want to continue playing tonight but I also want the music to work. If I could get a reply soon that would be much appreciated, please and thank you.

All you need to do is copy the Audio folder from the disk to the game directory, it will prompt you to merge the folders.

Offline NostalgicGamer

• September 2018
  • 5 Posts
« Reply #186 on: Sep 16, 2018, 01:47 am »
I did that. I checked between my windows and your example, yet I hear no music. Could my skipping the 1.2 patch be part of it? Otherwise I am out of options. Thank you for your help so far!

Offline NostalgicGamer

• September 2018
  • 5 Posts
« Reply #187 on: Sep 16, 2018, 01:53 am »
That and I have the Sold Out Software Version.

Offline NostalgicGamer

• September 2018
  • 5 Posts
« Reply #188 on: Sep 16, 2018, 02:08 am »
I put it in the wrong file all along.

Offline NostalgicGamer

• September 2018
  • 5 Posts
« Reply #189 on: Sep 16, 2018, 07:26 am »
Is anyone having trouble with fireflies?