Author Topic: BW1 on Windows 7/8/10  (Read 158105 times)

Offline Lovecraft

• January 2018
  • 8 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Lovecraft has no influence.
Re: BW1 on Windows 7/8/10
« Reply #210 on: Apr 25, 2019, 06:16 am »
Have you run the patches as admin and have you deleted these in regedit?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Lionhead Studios Ltd\Black and White Clan Patch
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Lionhead Studios Ltd\Black and White Patch

of course mate :) i follow guide, read every post in BW1 on Windows 7/8/10 but still patches 1.10, 1.20 don't match and 1.41 make ctd ;P in my home i got 3 laptops and pc, try it on every one with same result.

Edit1:
i m from Poland, and i also follow this guide on game in polish/english variations.
« Last Edit: Apr 25, 2019, 06:55 am by Lovecraft »

Offline Leviathan

• April 2019
  • 10 Posts
  • Leviathan has no influence.
« Reply #211 on: Apr 25, 2019, 09:59 am »
I thought so. Sorry I can't think of anything else that could be causing the problem :(

Offline Lovecraft

• January 2018
  • 8 Posts
« Reply #212 on: Apr 25, 2019, 07:40 pm »
no clues here, i need to admit im helpless at this point...

my game work on version 1.0 with crack and BaW_Patch_2 to fix some low graphic issues. But i get mad with "death" spam without patches, and much else not fixed stuff.

Offline Handsome Matt

• August 2005
  • 280 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!

• My Portfolio
« Reply #213 on: Apr 25, 2019, 08:03 pm »
no clues here, i need to admit im helpless at this point...

my game work on version 1.0 with crack and BaW_Patch_2 to fix some low graphic issues. But i get mad with "death" spam without patches, and much else not fixed stuff.

1.41 won't work without 1.1 and 1.2 being installed prior. You need to be able to install those patches in order for it to work.

I think the issue is your installation media of the game, is it a disc from a non English country? You could try sourcing an English version of the game from somewhere online, it'll probably solve everything.

Offline Lovecraft

• January 2018
  • 8 Posts
« Reply #214 on: Apr 26, 2019, 06:14 am »
 i follow this guide on game in polish/english variations... i use original version in english, downloaded in english and polish at last cuz nothing work.

I do not know how to make these patches installed. In windows 8.1 (64bit), 7(64bit) and xp(32bit) everything worked normally both in english and polish version of game, something went wrong with windows 10 (64bit)

Edit1:

C: \ Program Files (x86) \ InstallShield Installation Information where setup file is a configuration file. Has anyone who patches successively patched what it contains in the file? in my case it's:
[Startup]
AppName=Black & White
Engine=0
Copy=1
Source=0
[Languages]
Default=0x0015
count=1
key0=0x0015
« Last Edit: Apr 27, 2019, 09:23 am by Lovecraft »

Offline Reaper93

• May 2019
  • 2 Posts
  • Reaper93 has no influence.
« Reply #215 on: May 13, 2019, 10:27 pm »
So when I tried to apply the first patch I got an "An Installation support file could not be found. Catastrophic Failure." error message. I figured I should uninstall the game, delete the reg's and reinstall... but now get the same error when I try to uninstall! so I deleted the files from Program Files (x86)... but now I can't even reinstall, uninstall, anything! I just keep getting the same error.

EDIT: I fixed it! If anyone else gets this problem, just delete the files in C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information

I had a very similar problem, it said "An installation support file could not be installed."

Yet I cannot find the InstallShield Installation Information in C: anywhere. Any clue on how to solve this? I could install the game once, but couldn't install the patches and cannot reinstall after uninstalling. I've cleaned the registry manually by removing all Lionhead Studios entries as well as run ccleaner just in case. I'm out of ideas at this point.

Offline CharAznable

• August 2018
  • 2 Posts
  • CharAznable has no influence.
« Reply #216 on: May 18, 2019, 08:33 am »
Ran through every install option.  Went as far as installing it on XP then copying the game files over.  Every time I get the same error, as soon as the load screen appears, the game crashes to the desktop without any error or dialog box saying what went wrong.  Using the 1.41 fan patch, game says 1.00 when loading though just before it crashes.
Not really sure what to do beyond just playing it in a VM at this point.