Author Topic: BW2 (and BotG) on Windows 7/8/10  (Read 207564 times)

Offline Drcookie

• February 2020
  • 1 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Drcookie has no influence.
Re: BW2 (and BotG) on Windows 7/8/10
« Reply #90 on: Mar 27, 2020, 04:56 pm »
:help i got a HUGE problem. Everytime I start a new game (installed it on german) the game just CRASHES so I really hope I can get help because I am looking for this game since 2015! Everyone just told me it was great and I cant get it to run!

I'm having the same problem with mine although mines installed in English if I get mine working I'll be sure to come back and help you

Update:

if you are running Bitdefender you will need to add B&W 2 Core Application to your "Safe Files Access" list
« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2020, 08:30 pm by Drcookie »

Offline Tsuton

• April 2020
  • 1 Posts
  • Tsuton has no influence.
« Reply #91 on: Apr 04, 2020, 02:05 pm »
Hello,

I've download the game from https://www.myabandonware.com/game/black-white-2-bem and I've installed the three patches in order. But I have the old bug therein children don't grow up. Maybe it's the version I have downloaded, but it seems pretty clean except Deviance exe. Any suggestions ?

I don't know I have to use these patches  https://www.gamecopyworld.eu/games/pc_black_and_white_2.shtml because I don't know if they are secure.

Thank you

Offline Kye90

• April 2020
  • 1 Posts
  • Kye90 has no influence.
« Reply #92 on: Apr 10, 2020, 05:21 pm »
game runs perfect no issues EXCEPT the children DO NOT AGE, will these patches fix this? i have the game from a different source, ALot of people seem to have same issue with no real confirmed fix on other sites,

i come here and see alot of reports of game crashing... BUT those who get the game to work have the children ageing issue? or is that non existent?
A reply about these patches and this issue would be amazing.

Offline N3wb

• April 2020
  • 1 Posts
  • N3wb has no influence.
« Reply #93 on: Apr 13, 2020, 01:01 pm »
On my part, the children age well, but the game randomly CTD. Haven't seen any solution on this site, did I Miss something? Is there a solution?

Thanks!

Offline szumy

• April 2020
  • 3 Posts
  • szumy has no influence.
« Reply #94 on: Apr 24, 2020, 11:41 pm »
The solution is downloading other crack file.

Hello,

I've download the game from https://www.myabandonware.com/game/black-white-2-bem and I've installed the three patches in order. But I have the old bug therein children don't grow up. Maybe it's the version I have downloaded, but it seems pretty clean except Deviance exe. Any suggestions ?

I don't know I have to use these patches  https://www.gamecopyworld.eu/games/pc_black_and_white_2.shtml because I don't know if they are secure.

Thank you
game runs perfect no issues EXCEPT the children DO NOT AGE, will these patches fix this? i have the game from a different source, ALot of people seem to have same issue with no real confirmed fix on other sites,

i come here and see alot of reports of game crashing... BUT those who get the game to work have the children ageing issue? or is that non existent?
A reply about these patches and this issue would be amazing.

Offline ItamarGronich

• July 2020
  • 5 Posts
  • ItamarGronich has no influence.
« Reply #95 on: Jul 08, 2020, 05:21 pm »
HELP! Graphics wont turn to high.
installed 1.1, 1.2 and fanpatch 1.4 and still can't set the graphics to high.

Creature has no fur and no grass on vegitation. no waves.
I have a amd radeon rx 5700 xt

Offline andyb1029

• July 2020
  • 2 Posts
  • andyb1029 has no influence.
« Reply #96 on: Jul 09, 2020, 01:40 pm »
Hi guys

Just been highlighted to this forum as I dug my old discs out.

Is there and up to date install order with up to date files anywhere so I don't inadvertently download the wrong one? Also will I need the disc again to play after the install process?

Cheers

Andy

Offline mush01

• July 2020
  • 1 Posts
  • mush01 has no influence.
« Reply #97 on: Jul 17, 2020, 08:29 pm »
Hi guys...

I'm trying to install the game on Windows 10, and I've got as far as installing 1.1 and 1.2, but whenever I try to install the fan patch, it just... does nothing? Like nothing happens at all. I'm trying to run it in the B&W folder but it just doesn't actually seem to do anything when I run it. What am I doing wrong?

-edit- I was being an idiot - Windows was blocking the exe because it came from another computer - when I unblocked it in properties it ran fine.
« Last Edit: Jul 17, 2020, 10:07 pm by mush01 »

Offline baerenserbe

• August 2020
  • 2 Posts
  • baerenserbe has no influence.
« Reply #98 on: Aug 20, 2020, 07:04 pm »
Hello,
thank you very much for this great fan patch. I have a original german and english disc version and i have a cracked version by the internet. I installed patch 1.1 and 1.2 and latest fan patch 1.4.
My problem is, if i want to play the Redux Mod 1.71 which needs fan patch 1.3., 80% of my saves are broken (i get stuck after loading the save in the loading screen forever)...
I searched for hours for the older fan patch 1.3, but i cant find it...
please help me, i need the older patch.
My regards.

Offline Egerion

• April 2010
  • 35 Posts
  • Egerion has no influence.
  • Welcome to my realm
    • BW and BW2 Mods
« Reply #99 on: Aug 21, 2020, 09:29 pm »
You don't need v1.3 of fan patch for Redux. You can use v1.4 as well. If you're having issues, i suggest you to check your install. Probably something went wrong while you installing redux or other patches and try to find clean version of B&W2.

Offline baerenserbe

• August 2020
  • 2 Posts
  • baerenserbe has no influence.
« Reply #100 on: Aug 23, 2020, 06:22 pm »
Thank you for your response. It seems like the saves in the playground level are ok, only in skirmish mode the most of my saves are broken.

Offline oyyo

• April 2019
  • 3 Posts
  • oyyo has no influence.
Trying to run BOTG
« Reply #101 on: Aug 31, 2020, 06:49 am »
Hello,

I'm back again! Now with greater need in quarantine. Black and White 2 works fine, but not Battle of The Gods. Do I have to install all the fan patches into Battle of The Gods folder, or only the one that it specifically calls for?

Basically, I'll click on the shortcut, and it'll launch for less than a second and have a window before crashing. Same if I run as admin.

Specs:
Windows 10
Processor: Intel (R) Core(TM)  i-7300HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz  2.50Ghz
RAM: 8.00 GB (7.87 usable)
System type: 64-bit OS

Any help? Thank you!

Offline Zeltron3030

• September 2020
  • 1 Posts
  • Zeltron3030 has no influence.
« Reply #102 on: Sep 04, 2020, 06:18 pm »
Hi there,

I recently found my old copy of Black & White 2 and I was super jazzed to play it, but I'm having a major issue. I've downloaded patches 1.1, 1.2, and the 1.4 fan patch, and that got the game to run on my Windows 10 machine, but I can't get past a few cutscenes without the game crashing my whole computer. I've tried it a few times now with different settings but the furthest I've gotten is choosing the creature before my computer just restarts itself. This is super annoying for many reasons, so if someone knows how to fix this, I'd be grateful.

Specs:
Windows 10
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4440 CPU @ 3.10GHz  3.10 GHz
RAM: 8.00 GB
System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

Offline Egerion

• April 2010
  • 35 Posts
  • Egerion has no influence.
  • Welcome to my realm
    • BW and BW2 Mods
« Reply #103 on: Sep 08, 2020, 02:12 pm »
Crashing your computer indicates that this issue comes from your computer rather than game itself, I suggest you to check your temps and see If its overheats.

Offline Dractaros

• September 2020
  • 1 Posts
  • Dractaros has no influence.
« Reply #104 on: Sep 19, 2020, 06:04 am »
I hope someone can help me with this problem, it doesn't seem like a common one (any time I've seen something like it it has been rare and no one seems to fix it) I've had no real issues with getting the game to run (patches and no cd patch have worked fine to run on Windows 10) but i have 2 massive problems making my game unplayable (just B&W2, haven't tried BoTG) as well as 1 annoyance. I have the physical copy and have tryed uninstalling and reinstalling several times as well as trying a download of the game but have had these same problems each and every time (including the aonnying one).
First off I can't save, i go to save, make a file and click save, there's no file, no load option available (it's there but i can't select it) meaning every time i end my game there's nothing to load back on, i can "save" 100 times and no matter what i can't load up or continue a game
Problem 2, this ties into why it's unplayable for me, i can play and get as far as the end of the tutorial (the first island where you get how to win and tutorialed on creatures) but it crashes every time when it's loading into the next island meaning I'm stuck at what feels like a demo's end (most save problems i see are on island 4, can't even get that far), and as for the minor annoyance, no mater what creature i select it doesn't stick, unless i select the lion, I've selected the wolf, had the wolf on that tutorial island where you select it, see the wolf on the altar of the intro (the saving the greek from the aztec) but as soon as I get the the next island my creature is a lion, not the wolf i selected.
Plz help i love this game and have been badly wanting to play it again
Edit: ok i fixed the saving bug, idk how, but the crash to the next island and my creature defaulting to lion are still there.
« Last Edit: Sep 20, 2020, 04:07 am by Dractaros »