Author Topic: Redux Mod for Black & White 2  (Read 9350 times)

Offline ger4

• March 2018
  • 9 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • ger4 has no influence.
Re: Redux Mod for Black & White 2
« Reply #15 on: Aug 29, 2018, 03:06 pm »
Can you maybe add in the vortex made by willy

http://www.bwfiles.com/files/file.php?id=1434

The mod author tends to respond more quickly here https://www.moddb.com/mods/bw2-redux

Offline Boxhead

• March 2016
  • 23 Posts
  • Boxhead has no influence.
« Reply #16 on: Mar 01, 2019, 05:22 pm »
Can you maybe add in the vortex made by willy

http://www.bwfiles.com/files/file.php?id=1434

Hello, sorry for forgetting to answer, but better late than never  :yes
I originally wanted to include the vortex script in my mod, but I made some bad experiences with the persistent data function in black & white 2 which can crash the game for some people which is one of the main reasons why I didn't included his script yet.

Another topic I wanted to point out: Because I saw some bw2 modders being active since I started bw2 modding, I want to make my project open source: https://github.com/Boxhead78/Black-White-2-Redux
It includes ALL scripts I made, including land 1 to 11 (land 12 wip), all global scripts (such as the script which increases influence with villagers, or increase platoons levels with armories), and of course the skirmish mode I wrote and the god-engine which I modified quite a lot.
However these weren't intended to be open source so I didn't document it too well, also some scripts might not work outside of the Redux mod. But I hope these will still help if someone decides to start bw2-modding or is interested in modding this game.

Offline Boxhead

• March 2016
  • 23 Posts
« Reply #17 on: Mar 12, 2019, 04:06 pm »
Hello all, I'm currently working on getting the my own adaptation of the botg-campaign into bw2 and want to share some screenshots here:

Cutscene introducing the enemy creature:

Japanese town conquered by the aztecs + Ghosts!

I also had a look at the unused ballista, quite funny to see it first time ingame, even though it's not textured

Offline ger4

• March 2018
  • 9 Posts
  • ger4 has no influence.
« Reply #18 on: Mar 24, 2019, 03:49 pm »
Hello all, I'm currently working on getting the my own adaptation of the botg-campaign into bw2 and want to share some screenshots here:

Cutscene introducing the enemy creature:

Japanese town conquered by the aztecs + Ghosts!

I also had a look at the unused ballista, quite funny to see it first time ingame, even though it's not textured

Cool, are there more screenshots/details anywhere?

Offline Boxhead

• March 2016
  • 23 Posts
« Reply #19 on: Mar 29, 2019, 04:25 pm »
Cool, are there more screenshots/details anywhere?
Not yet but I'll give more information about it when I've progressed enough in finishing the next patch  :)

Offline Boxhead

• March 2016
  • 23 Posts
« Reply #20 on: Apr 24, 2019, 10:01 am »
New version 1.4 is up download link below.
Features 3 new campaign lands from BOTG, difficulty adjustments and balance changes  :D

Version 1.4 Download
Version 1.4 Changelog
How to install Redux
« Last Edit: Apr 24, 2019, 10:11 am by Boxhead »

Offline Neth

• April 2019
  • 1 Posts
  • Neth has no influence.
« Reply #21 on: Apr 29, 2019, 03:21 pm »
Replaying B&W2 for the first time in nearly 10 years and I can't wait to getting round to trying this.

Offline starfall155

• October 2019
  • 4 Posts
  • starfall155 has no influence.
« Reply #22 on: Oct 25, 2019, 06:43 pm »
quick question, how do i make this mod work for botg, or are the maps from botg inserted into b&w2 with this mod?
also, most of the scrolls on gods playground show me to leave the land? why are there so many? what do each of them do?

Edit: never mind, apparently each of those scrolls are for options and clicking each of them once show what they do, most of them are for skirmish maps... and i read somewhere else that this mod is NOT for BOTG but has some of those maps transferred to B&W2.

Also, beware, after your city grows too high in population, saving causes the game to crash (dont know hard cap but seems to be above 500 or so)... finishing the land and saving on the next land doesnt seem to crash however. havent tried distibuting the villagers into other villages... yet.
Edit2: Distributed villagers around a little... didnt crash while saving... then again my main village was around 950 adult population and the save succeeded. so.... i dont know. The save did fail some time after that but... im clueless what could have caused it.
(spoilers): I did see someone complain about the "infidels" quest about it not having any directions to follow,SPOILER taht rof dekrow llorcs eht ot txen elpmet eht no kcor a gnippord ekil smees (read backwards for spoiler. sorry, dont remeber how to make a spoiler.)
« Last Edit: Oct 28, 2019, 01:28 am by starfall155 »

Offline angrygreek

• November 2019
  • 5 Posts
  • angrygreek has no influence.
« Reply #23 on: Nov 27, 2019, 02:01 am »
Where the hell is the last sheep?!

I found 3/4 and checked every damn inch of the island and can't find the last one lol.