Author Topic: New guy here looking for help :D  (Read 464 times)

Offline Migra

• April 2019
  • 2 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Migra has no influence.
New guy here looking for help :D
« on: Apr 02, 2019, 04:30 am »
Hi there.

I'm Migra, I'm 31 years old and I'm a teacher :D

I absolutely love this site and thank you so much for the amazing people who made this happen.

I'm gonna go post in the tech forum in a bit, but I'm here to ask for help with the BotG Expansion.. I desperately want to make it work on my win10 machine, but so far no luck :)

Offline S_Phil1690

• June 2015
  • 25 Posts
  • S_Phil1690 has no influence.
Re: New guy here looking for help :D
« Reply #1 on: Apr 02, 2019, 11:50 pm »
Should be able to install it normally *BUT* also install the fan patch https://www.bwfiles.com/files/file.php?id=1422
I tried playing without it and villagers never aged for some reason.

Offline seerofvisions

• May 2019
  • 11 Posts
  • seerofvisions has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2019, 06:42 am »
Does this fan patch work for children not growing in B&W2 as well?  My game was working fine for a year, then the kids stopped growing again.  I have scratched up CDs but Im using deviance.  Everything works perfectly except the kids.

Offline Handsome Matt

• August 2005
  • 281 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!

• My Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2019, 02:32 pm »
Kids not growing up properly is a DRM method used to punish pirates of the game. It should be patched out in my fan patch.

Offline seerofvisions

• May 2019
  • 11 Posts
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2019, 04:04 pm »
Thank you.  I did a clean install from CD isos, instead of deviance.  Now it wont let me run it because of admin priv, even though everything is set to SP3 and admin priv are on.  *sigh.  Thank you for the post, and the work and the patch, I'll try it.  If it doesn't work, Ill go back to deviance install and try your patch with that instead.

Offline Handsome Matt

• August 2005
  • 281 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!Handsome Matt is awe-inspiring!

• My Portfolio
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2019, 05:09 pm »
Thank you.  I did a clean install from CD isos, instead of deviance.  Now it wont let me run it because of admin priv, even though everything is set to SP3 and admin priv are on.  *sigh.  Thank you for the post, and the work and the patch, I'll try it.  If it doesn't work, Ill go back to deviance install and try your patch with that instead.

You just need to install my patch and then run the game normally without compatability modes, it'll work fine.

Offline seerofvisions

• May 2019
  • 11 Posts
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2019, 01:36 am »
Hey Matt, just FYI, I said I'd come back so I did.  A clean install of the non deviance file didn't work.  My kids still didn't grow.  So I reinstalled deviance, used your patch and played the game through.  Now I'm working on getting BOTG back on here.  Do you have suggestions?  Im dl'ing a rar right now, we'll see what's in it, but you seem to actually know what you're doing so...  And while I'm here, I was wondering if you could give me some instructions for dummies on using the fan content files here.  I tried to use new creatures last year from this website and nothing worked.  Im interested in extra lands and such.  Any type of extra game play really.  I followed the instructions last year, but the creature unlockers never worked, and the extra land I downloaded didn't show up as an option to play.  Some screen was supposed to come up and I could choose to play that land, but nothing.  Albeit a year ago, and my memory might not be right on the instructions.  I just know they didn't work for me and I was disappointed.  Thanks for the work and the help.   :angel

Edit:  Im playing BOTG now from a non deviance file, so far, it's working, creature was able to get into the men's prison...  this is the file

http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7475638/Black_And_White_2___Battle_Of_The_Gods_[ISO]

As for kid growth, will come back and let you know.

I looked at what didn't work, and it was the very same ISOs that came with this copy of BOTG.  The read me file even says not to use a no cd crack.  I dunno, it's crazy what works and what doesn't.  So apparently your patch is compatible with deviance but not these CD installs of bw2.  They are from the same user, so I don't get it.  FYI they are 4 discs of ISO.  Kids still didnt grow.  Be back in a few to let you know if this BOTG works with your patch.

Edit: Back, okay so the BOTG install from the non deviance file works, but the BW2 doesn't.  So I installed the BW2 deviance game, your patch, the game patches, then the BOTG ISO install from the non deviance link above, and all of it works.  :)  LUL
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 03:23 am by seerofvisions »